Despite businesses' growing reliance on digital documents, the need for paper documents haven't diminished. Many times you take printouts of your important email communications and presentations, create project DVDs and pass on the copies of confidential financial projections to your executives. But how do you dispose these documents and paraphernalia after their purpose is achieved? Do you just dump them in the bin? If you do, you are unprotected and open to theft. As your computer systems and servers need firewalls and anti-viruses to protect your data, the sensitive documents too need to be discarded with immaculate precision and care. The best way to do so is through shredders.
Shredders are motorized devices that destroy sensitive information into incomprehensible waste. They can shred physical papers, floppies, CDs, DVDs, credit cards and magnetic tapes.
Let's look at some of the benefits that shredders can offer us:
- Document security: Shredders can destroy any document, credit card, identification card, confidential printouts, financial statements, magnetic tapes and expired loyalty cards. Once the purpose of the documents is served, you can easily destroy them with the help of a shredder to secure yourself against any future theft.
- Increased protection: Before the shredders were invented, many businesses had to rely on third parties to safely dispose their sensitive information. With the introduction of various advanced shredders, you no longer need to depend on these third parties.
- Reduced size of waste: Paper shredders reduce the size of the total waste by shredding papers and CDs into small, insignificant pieces. The cut or shredded sheets require less space.
- Cost effective: Just imagine your sensitive business information in the hands of your competitors. How much that would cost you? If you opt for paper shredders, you can easily avoid these losses. The price of paper shredders range from $100 to $5,000, letting you choose the level of security you wish for.
- Instant disposal: When you have shredders handy, you don't have to wait for the waste to accumulate. You can simply start disposing them off as soon as you are done with it.
There are several types of shredders available in the market. You just need to pick and choose the one that best suits your needs. If you are a small business, dealing mainly with physical documents, a basic shredder will do for you. However, if you are giant company, using CDs and DVDs to communicate the project details, you definitely need to go for the higher version.
At Americanrefurb, you can find all types of shredders, ranging from the basic models to the advanced ones. It offers brands such as Fellowes, HSM, Royal, Royal Sovereign and Swingline.